Friday, September 26, 2008

2009 Milan Fashion Week wrapped up


Marni 2009 Milan Fashion Week
I think that the Milan Fashion Week was impressive me more, since I always admire the color sense of Italian designers. Italian designers specialize in collaborating patterns and shapes and beautifully collage them. They seem to have natural talents in the mix and match of color palettes. Italian fashion is all about drapes and floral prints, which responses strongly to its fashion heritage. One brand that is worth to talk about in 2009 Milan Fashion Week was Gucci. Gucci became more hip and modern year by year. In my old impression, Gucci was for old and conservative women, however it showed to us modernity and urbanity. The wide padded shoulders in the show of Dolce&Gabanna was referenced from the 80s. I like a lot the sculptural structure of the jackets, which was very standing out.


Gucci 2009 Spring

No comments: